Ad-Duha means the rising and speading of the sun. this Surah was revealed to describe the dignity and the evelated status of the Holy Prophet(SAW) This Surah narrates the personality and scared events from the life of the Holy Prophet(SAW).
In the early days of life in Makkah, the revelation of the Holy Quran was temporarily interrupted for some days.Some unbelievers espacialy Umm-e-Jamil, the wife of the Abu Lahab, started tunning the Holy Prophet(SAW) that Allah Almighty had got angry with him.The surah revealed in this context,Surah ad-Duha was revealed in Makkah that’s why it is called Makki surah.Surah Ad-Duha was the eleventh in the order of revelation and it aslo has eleven verses
Note: Do read the paragraph and do the following questions in your note books till 8th April.
Q1: What is meant by Ad-Duha?
Q2: Who taunted the Holy Prophet(SAW) when the revelation was temporarily interrupted?
Q3: What was the number of revelation of Surah Ad-Duha?
Q4: Where was Surah Ad-Duha revealed?
Q5: Which instructions are given for orphans in this Surah?
Q: Fill in the Blanks.
- The word________________ occurs in the first verse of the Surah Ad-Duha?
- Ad-Duha means the rising and spreading of the _____________________
- The name of the wife of Abu Lahab was _________________
- Surah Ad-Duha has _________________ verses.
- The word _______________ occurs in the first verse of Surah Ad-Duha.